Access to the SUNY Sullivan campus will be closed to the general public, including the Library.
Library staff will be available online during our normal business hours.
Online Library Hours:
8:30 am - 4:30 pm (Monday - Friday)
What is Interlibrary Loan?
Interlibrary loan (ILL) is a service provided by the library allowing current students, staff, faculty, and registered community patrons to obtain materials from other libraries. This includes books, multimedia, scans of periodical articles, and much more. In addition to the worldwide ILLiad catalog we've been using, we are pleased to now also offer an easier, faster ILL method with the arrival of our new SUNY-wide ILL system.
How Does It Work?
Your request will be sent through our system to other libraries who carry the item. If the request is successful and the other library sends it to us, you will be notified when you can pick it up at the circulation desk in the library. If it cannot be located or the lending library denies the request, we will notify you and attempt to work out another solution.
Timing Your Loan Request
Finding and obtaining your requested item(s) takes time. Most requests arrive in 5 - 7 days. That means you need to plan accordingly. Some orders can take even longer depending on shipping distances. Speak to a librarian to help plan any research using ILL.
How to Submit Your Request
Using the new SUNY Library ILL system:
1. Make sure you are signed in using your SUNY Sullivan credentials.
2. Check the SUNY catalog for your item by changing the search from "Library Catalog" to "SUNY Catalog."
3. Click on your item, then select "Resource Sharing" under "How to Get It."
4. Check over the form to make sure the details are correct, and hit submit!
Using the worldwide ILLiad ILL system: (Note: use only if your item is not available through SUNY!)
1. Sign in to your ILLiad account, or create an account if you've never used the system before.
2. Fill out the appropriate fields for the item(s) you want to request and submit.
Items borrowed from ILL may be renewed at the discretion of the lending library. Please request a renewal 5 days before the due date.
Fines for overdue ILL books are $5 per day. This charge applies for all users.